Thank you for your interest for information regarding employment with Rocky Mountain Recreation Company, a division of Pyramid Enterprises, Inc.
Each year we fill many seasonal positions and while most of our available positions are for campground hosts, we also hire customer service officers, interpretive personnel, maintenance supervisors/ personnel, kiosk operators, store operators, landscape personnel, and day use area custodians. Some year-round positions are available, though most employees will work shortly before the Memorial Day holiday through briefly after the Labor Day holiday.
Host responsibilities vary somewhat dependent on location. There are (3) types of facilities in which a host may work: campgrounds, day use area, or trailheads. An outline of what a host may generally expect is listed below; the duties include but are not limited to the following:
Our visitors’ impression of a facility is often based on their first interaction with our hosts. As RMRC’s front line, hosts represent the permit entities (i.e. USFS) whose facilities we are managing. In addition to friendly greetings, a professional attitude, clean uniforms provided by RMRC, the tidiness of the working/living spaces and useful information, we need to provide efficiency with which we expedite guests to their destination.
Fee Compliance, Visitor Information and Reservation Systems
Camp hosts will be responsible for tracking particular visitor information as well as ensuring fee compliance. A basic knowledge of bookkeeping is necessary to track money collected. Camp hosts, at some locations, will be required to expedite reservations for some sites under one of two systems: RMRC In-House Reservations or the National Recreation Reservation System.
Campground Cleanliness – Routine Duties
Camp hosts will be responsible for cleaning and policing the campgrounds. These duties include daily cleaning of the bathrooms/toilets, removing ashes from fire pits, picking up litter, washing picnic tables and grills, and raking campsites in preparation for new guests. In some instances, these duties will extend to day use areas and trailheads in proximity to the campgrounds.
While camp hosts enjoy many of the benefits of the ‘lifestyle employment’, wage is part of the package. Depending on the campground or facility in which a host works will determine the number of hours assigned, ranging from 10 – 40 hours weekly. In addition to a wage, we recognize a monetary value for sites and amenities provided to camp hosts during employment. Full hook-up sites are not always guaranteed at all locations.
Other Useful Information
- Employees are required to wear the company uniform while on duty. (shirt, name badge, and hat)
- Employees are required to take two days off each week, excluding Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
- Employees are required to have their own camping vehicle.
- RMRC will provide a resident campsite. Site amenities range from full hook-ups to parking pad only.
- Communication (Phones, radios, CB) is provided and in certain areas cell phone coverage is available.
- Some areas do not allow pets or bird feeders; they are considered bear attractants.
- Personal vehicles used to perform company duties will be reimbursed on a pre-approved basis.
- All employees are required to attend a 1 to 2-day orientation conducted by regional and area management.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for a position with Rocky Mountain Recreation Company:
- Please download the application, fill it out and fax it to (661) 702-0314 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume; be sure to include past camp worker experience
- A photo of yourself and camping unit
- Include the three locations where you would prefer to work
- Be sure your address and phone number(s) are current
A company representative will contact you regarding your application at their earliest convenience.
To apply for a position, please fill out the application and fax it to (661) 702-0314
Again, thank you for your interest in Rocky Mountain Recreation Company. We look forward to receiving your applications and resume with hopes you will be joining us for a fun filled summer serving the visitors at RMRC managed facilities. Remember at Rocky Mountain Recreation Company, “We Create Positive Memories”.