This campground is usually open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend with full service and, depending on snow conditions, is usually open through the middle of October with reduced service.
Available activities include hiking, fishing, bicycling, motorcycle, and ATV. Fishing in Ophir Creek. A short drive will take you to various trailheads.
This is a first-come, first-served campground. No reservation is required.
The following restrictions apply to this campground:
- Maximum 10 persons per site: 2 tents and 2 vehicles or 1 recreation vehicle.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- No discharge of firearms or fireworks.
- Only licensed vehicles can operate inside campground.
- Camping is NOT ALLOWED behind a LOCKED GATE.
Tent camping,Camping trailer,Toilets,Drinking water. Drinking water is provided by a well with a hand pump.
From Lake Isabel, go 6 miles north on State Highway 165 then turn left (going West) onto Forest Service Road 360. Travel about 100 feet and then turn left (going east) onto Forest Service Road 361 and travel until the road dead ends into Ophir Campground.