Silver Dollar Campground is situated near the eastern shore of Turquoise Lake in the shade of a lodgepole pine and subalpine fir forest. The family-friendly campground is a popular summer destination for boating, hiking and fishing.
Campsites are nestled in the forest within walking distance of the scenic lakeshore at 10,000 feet in elevation. The Mount Massive Wilderness Area is nearby. The 30,540-acre expanse encompasses Mount Massive, Colorado’s second highest peak at 14,421 feet. Much of the wilderness is above timberline with many alpine plant communities and permanent snowfields.
For Reservations Call: 877-444-6777
Know Before You Go:
- Thunderstorms are common; take extra precautions for lightning
- This is a high elevation facility; please use caution when traveling from lower elevations
- Be bear aware; keep all food out of sight in approved containers or locked inside your vehicle and remove all food from area after eating
- This facility has first-come, first-served sites
- $5 nightly fee charged for additional vehicles (single sites over 1 vehicle, double sites over 2 vehicles)
- No hookups available
- Click here for more information on Pike and San Isabel National Forests
- Don’t Move Firewood: Prevent the spread of tree-killing organisms by obtaining firewood at or near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visitdontmovefirewood.org.
Venture to Independence Pass for a scenic drive with breathtaking views of the Rockies and surrounding alpine tundra habitat. At 12,095 feet, it is one of the highest paved mountain passes in the country and marks where the Top of the Rockies National Scenic and Historic Byway crosses the Continental Divide.
|Less Than 1 Mile|
The campground offers single-family sites, each equipped with a picnic table and campfire ring. Some sites also have grills and tent pads. Vault toilets, drinking water, trash collection and recycling services are provided. Firewood is available for purchase from the host. Parking spurs are gravel or dirt.
GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
From Leadville, Colorado, drive west on County Road 4 and follow signs to the Turquoise Lake Recreation Area. Follow County Road 9C to the campground entrance.
- You must login to post comments