South Meadows campground, located 5 miles north of Woodland Park, provides a scenic spot for campers to rest and enjoy the many recreational offerings of the area. The campground attracts avid hikers and bikers with access to the multipurpose Centennial Trail, as well as visitors looking for a central location for day trips to Pikes Peak and the Garden of the Gods.
Garden of the Gods is a National Natural Landmark in Colorado Springs, featuring incredible rock formations, impressive vistas and a free visitor and nature center.
Campsites are tucked in a stand of ponderosa pines at an elevation of 8,000 feet. To the east is Mount Deception and to the north is the 5-acre Manitou Lake. Afternoon thunderstorms are common in summer months and temperatures are generally mild, with warm and pleasant days and cooler nights.
For Reservations Call: 877-444-6777
|Park Season||Site Type||Nightly/Daily Rates|
May 27 2016 –
Sep 05 2016
|TENT ONLY NONELECTRIC||$20.00-$34.00|
Know Before You Go:
- Thunderstorms are common; take extra precautions for lightning
- Be bear aware; keep all food out of sight in approved containers or locked inside your vehicle and remove all food from area after eating
- This is a high elevation facility, please use caution when traveling from lower elevations
- This facility has first-come, first-served sites
- No electric or water hookups available
- No fireworks or firearms
- No horses allowed
- Limit 1 RV per site; a $5 nightly fee is charged for additional vehicles
- All vehicles must fit on parking spur
- For more information on Pike and San Isabel National Forests,click here
- Don’t Move Firewood: Prevent the spread of tree-killing organisms by obtaining firewood at or near your destination and burning it on-site. For more information visitdontmovefirewood.org.
The 4.2-mile Centennial Trail, a paved, accessible recreation trail, connects South Meadows Campground to Manitou Lake and Colorado Campground. The trail is popular for hikers, inline skaters and bicyclists. The nearby Rainbow Falls OHV Trail System and North Divide OHV Trail System are recommended for off-road vehicle enthusiasts.
Fishing is available at nearby Manitou Lake and Trout Creek.
The town of Woodland Park is located five miles south of South Meadows Campground where campers can find gas, food, dining and shopping.
Visitors can tour the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs and view the impressive architecture at the Cadet Chapel. Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods are other popular attractions.
Each site has a campfire ring and picnic table. Roads are paved and a campground host is on duty. Vault toilets and drinking water may be found throughout the campground with reduced facilities outside of peak season.
GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
From the I-25 and Hwy 24 intersection in Colorado Springs, Colorado, travel west on Highway 24 for approximately 18 miles to the Hwy 24 and Hwy 67 intersection in Woodland Park. Turn right (north) on Hwy 67 and travel approximately 5.5 miles to South Meadows Campground. The campground is on the left side of the road.