This campground is the highest elevation campground on the Salida Ranger District. The elevation is 11,000 feet and the campsites are situated on the north shore of the North Fork Reservoir. The campground is small with only 9 sites. The road to the campground is very rough and not recommended for vehicles towing trailers. High clearance vehicles are a requirement for reaching this campground.
Reservations are not taken for this campground.
This is a first-come, first-served campground. No reservation is needed.
- Maximum 8 persons per site: 2 tents and 2 vehicles or 1 recreation vehicle.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- No discharge of firearms or fireworks.
- Only licensed vehicles can operate inside campground.
- Camping is NOT ALLOWED behind a LOCKED GATE.
vault toilet available.
From Salida, CO, travel west for 5 miles to Poncha Springs, CO then continue west on Highway 50 for 6 miles to County Road 240. Turn right on CR 240 and stay on this road for 3 miles to the Angel of Shavano campground. From the campground the road continues west for 6 miles to the North Fork reservoir and campground.